Friday, March 17, 2006

March 14, 2006
Day Three –

Gam was released from the hospital yesterday. She was so excited to get out of the hospital – but we had to wait until they delivered a wheel chair. Originally it was supposed to be a walker but then Keoki called and said that he’d rather have insurance cover the more expensive item then the walker. We ended up waiting about 3 hours in the hospital before it came. No big deal though… it’s been raining in Nu’uanu and with no sign of it stopping.

After circling several times for a parking spot at Long’s, we parked and Gam refused to be wheeled into the store, so I went in alone and dropped off her meds. We came home and had dinner – she was pretty cheerful.

Then this morning we woke up pretty early and had some joe the rain started. I was hell bent on getting some exercise since I only got an hour the day before. I was gone for about 3 hours and unfortunately missed seeing the physical therapist. I pulled up to the house just as Kui showed back up. Gam was still in her nightie when I came home – and she looked a little hungry. We fixed lunch and then did some errands – down to Long’s to pick up more medicine and then drop off the utility bills. I also had to stop for an hour to do some laundry – including Gam’s panties because of the inconstenance issue. Turns out it’s her medication that’s making her shishi more than normal.

Once we got home she had another little accident and then hopped in the bath without telling me. She really wants to be able to do everything she used to do – without help. I was in the kitchen getting dinner started – and periodically came and checked up on her. That’s when I found her bleeding in the bedroom. She said her leg just gave out from under her. She cut the side of her leg pretty good – and has several bruises on her legs. She was refusing my help to bandage her leg up – but realistically she can’t do it on her own. Maybe I should let her do more by herself – but realistically she’s not able to yet. I told her tonight that she should take advantage of the help while she has me. This is painful.

Poor thing. She’s getting down too on account of the rain in Nu’uanu. I would love to take Gam to the beach – but it’s raining there too!

I thought things were going to start getting better – but tonight they seemed to plummet. She gets down and then frustrated that she doesn’t have energy. Maybe that’s my fault because she was unable to rest after the therapist came this morning. It’s getting sad. I’m really glad George is coming tomorrow. Hopefully that will cheer her up and renew her spirits.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home