Thursday, March 16, 2006

March 16

Today has been MUCH better. Although we struggled this morning - with No. 2 issues and getting Gam clean. She has a really hard time in the bathroom - I'll just leave it at that.

We headed to the doctor this morning for a check up and the doctor suggested senior living. Gam protests - but honestly, she needs it. I'm getting worn out. This is getting really hard emotionally and I'm starting to wear down. Thank goodness George came.

The phsyical thearpist came and lifted her spirits. He had her try to strengthen her core to get her to relearn how to walk again. After an hour with him she's chipper as can be and independent - doesn't want to use a walker or anything. He told her not to scrunch over - expand her chest. It's good enough to give her confidence that she refuses George's installation of grab bars on the side of the house.

I'm torn - I'm trying so hard to be supportive and assist her but she's fighting it tooth and nail. I miss home and am definitely ready to go. But I know Gam needs some more care - until I can swap duties with Mom. Only 6 more days to go.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home