Tuesday, March 21, 2006

Fussy!

Gam woke up a little fussy this morning. She said she got up and took about 4 steps and then fell face forward - luckily into a pile of paper. Good thing - she could easily have broken her hip. She claims it's from the exercising - too much too soon. But really it's just that she's getting older and things aren't functioning the way they used to.

During breakfast she and George were at each others throats. It probably doesn't help that I was venting to her about him - perhaps fueling her fire for refusing to have her house altered in any way to accomodate her handicap. George wants to put up a railing on the side of the house so she has something to grab onto. She says she doesn't want it because she just slides down the side of the house or holds onto the laundry string. One wrong move - regardless if a banister is up or not - and she could fall and seriously injure herself. I think she scared herself for a second there.

I talked with Keoki this morning - it's been a couple of days since he called. He was hoping that Gam was doing better... which she is but not completely. We told him about her falling - and it brought the sobering reality that something needs to be done for Gam longterm. Mom comes in two days from now - and will hopefully establish something in the week that she's here. It'll be hard to get Gam out of the house - good luck on that one mom. I hope she can come up with a viable solution and still save her relationship with Gam!

I was able to spend some great time with Kuulei, Channing, Chalei and Kaipo this trip. It was fun hanging out with them - catching up and just enjoying each other's company. I wish the best for them despite their constant struggles and the funny way that life gets in the way sometimes. Kaipo's been acting up - pulling the 15 year old I don't care attitude .... hopefully he'll snap out of it before he does something permanent to himself or his family that loves him so.

Only two more days of cyling - I think I'll try to make it out to Makapu again tomorrow morning. It's such a nice long ride and beautiful scenery. Today I'm tackling some hill repeats on the Pali. I should go and work on my tan - but let's face it - I'm a whitey. :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home